COVID-19 and Work
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Information is changing and should always refer to most updated information.
The following information is in reference to CDC.
How it spread:
· Inhaling respiratory droplet
· Direct contact with mucosal membrane (mouth, nose, eye)
· It may appear 2-14 days after exposure, some says longer
· Shortness of breath
· Other less common symptoms: fatigue, muscle pain, sore throat, diarrhea.
How to protect:
· Wash hands with soap for 20 seconds or more
· Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
· Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick
· Stay home if you are sick
· Cover coughs and sneezes (e.g. cover with elbow/arm)
· Wear a facemask if you are sick
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
Interim Guidance for Business and Employers:
Employees who may be at risk:
· Older adults
· People with heart or lung condition, diabetes
· Infant and pregnant women
· Long-term care residents
Recommendation for employers:
· Actively encourage sick employees to stay home
· Separate sick employees – If they are sick coming to work, send them home.
· Encourage to wash hands with soap
· Encourage to cover mouth when coughing
· Clean environment routinely
· Avoid travel to high risk area